Sunday, April 3, 2011

It's The WEEKEND!

 



Photobucket
 
 
I love weekends! Don't you? I love weekends when we have nothing planned and I can fill my days rolling on the floor with my son, playing with the dogs, talking with hubby about...whatever...and sitting in my recliner with this friend of mine whom I am looking at this very moment.
 
Friday! I love Fridays. I don't work on Fridays. Usually, my Fridays are spent cleaning this house. I could vaccuum every day and still have dirty floors. However, this Friday offered a little twist.
We have been burdened with cold weather for the better part of the week. Thursday offered a little sunshine and Friday really spoiled us. Well, with it being a NICE day and all, I couldn't just remain in the house with my active two year old. We own a few thousand acres here in the lower 48 and I was in the mood to explore some of that Friday. The four of us (dogs included) ventured out to this little section. 
 



I use this field to photograph in often because I love this barn and the tall CRP. However, I have never been to this barn here. I tell ya, I was so excited I bout peed my pants! Who knew that in this run down barn lie a perfectly clean, big ol', concrete slab. On each side of the barn is three rooms. Now, I say rooms because stalls are level with the ground and these rooms were raised, complete with MUCHO wood character on all walls and the floor. Because the tin on the roof is mostly blown off, very adequate light is allowed in. Ahhh, I can just picture an antique chair in the corner and a model and THERE SHE GO with some greats shots!!!
 
 We also walked upon a concrete, inlaid, stock tank. In my eyes, this is a pool! I mean, I have a two year old. It doesn't need to be deep! My big dog LOVES water and he waisted NO time jumping in. The child of mine enjoyed getting his hands wet and pointing out how dirty the water was. We will just have to clean our new pool. LOL. Hubby grew up in these parts and forgets about what all they have out here. I come along and want to do things like clean the stock tank and swim in it. Hey, in this particular section, cows aren't using it, so we might as well. How's that for organic?
 
Friday evening I took a chance and colored my hair. So far, the results have been in my favor! I had never colored my hair before and a friend of mine, also a stylist, asked if she could color it for fun, and I have been addicted ever since. I have found that I lost part of myself in becoming a mom and forgot to take time for me. It's important in a marriage that we remain on a life long date. It matters what I look like and most importantly, how I feel about myself.
 
Saturday-still excited about Friday!
Sunday-still excited about Friday!
 
I'm a simple kind of gal. It doesn't take much to excite me!
 
How was your weekend?

9 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the way you write, I feel like we're just two friends sitting and chatting.
    Also? I love the expedition to the barn and how much fun you guys had there, that's totally something I would spend a day doing when I am visiting my family in NC!
    A bit of concrit? A typo on "because" in the first line of the fourth paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the Red Dress Club. Love your blog. I'm now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here from TRDC. I must say that barn picture is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to meet you, what a little ray of sunshine you are on the trdc linkup this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post ;) I feel as though I am wandering alongside with you.

    I, too, am here via TRDC and am so glad that I found you.

    My weekend, quite frankly, was not so good. I'm down with bronchitis. And the kids were NOT amused!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a lovely weekend!

    The barn sounds great, can't wait to see some pics in there ♥

    And yay for colouring your hair, mine is in dire need of a spruce up :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Living the Ruth Life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog you have here! Thanks for stopping by Before I Blink and for your kind words. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An awesome weekend U had,mine was party party party, best way to stay sane after a hectic week lol ..Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete