Thursday, March 31, 2011

 
It's morning, early morning some would say. Having a few minutes to spare, I decided to plunder in the blogging world before waking my child and preparing for Thursday.
 
Life has been a challenge lately and things that were once easy, are that no longer. I am thirsty. I am thirsty for a lot of things. My husband and I have been praying for a better job for him for years now. Changes have been made with his current job that have caused me to take a pay cut. We signed a contract on a new home without having our current home sold. It is still on the market and we are looking at having to make two house payments-NOT in our budget. I am thirsty for my husband's efforts to be blessed and for a job that will suit his potential to come grab him. I am thirsty for our house to sell and pray that we will not find ourselves in debt.
 
Where do you go when you are thirsty? I call on a few friends regularly and share a few glasses of wine, laughs and good food. They warm my soul and brighten my life. When I need help, really need help, I go to my Maker.
 
I arose this morning, still dark outside and plopped into my comfy recliner. With my bible in my lap, I began to pray. I told God I was thirsty. I told Him what I needed and what I wanted. I thanked Him for taking such good care of me. I try not to take my blessings for granted in the moments of my selfishness. I gave my uncertanties to Him and He told me He supplies all of my needs.
 
The truth is...when I am thirsty, I hear from God. When my mouth is watering and tears are flowing, I find comfort. When I give up, I find hope.
 
Dear Lord, I am thirsty, fill me once again.

3 comments:

  1. I love this post and find the part where U asked "Where do you go when you are thirsty?" more interesting. U answered by saying U call on a few friends for drinks but when U need "HELP",U turn to the GOD that never Fails..he never lets his Children down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your thirst is quenched soon. All the best xoxo

    ReplyDelete